When complete, Wai Kai will be an active year-round destination where residents and visitors connect to the water, land and Hawaiian culture by experiencing first-of-its-kind attractions, signature events and the natural beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
TheLineup at Wai Kai
The LineUp will be an exciting social and recreational hub headlined by the Wai Kai Wave, the world’s largest deep-water standing surf wave, along with water-based activities on the adjacent 52-acre recreational lagoon, a restaurant, café and unique retail. The LineUp will be a surf destination for locals and visitors, and for surf competitions. It is being created by citywave® in collaboration with Oahu’s-own Shane Beschen (a partner in The LineUp at Wai Kai’s operating company), X Games Gold Medalist and a former world #2 ranked surfer, and his young gun surfing son Noah. The LineUp is managed by Surf Park Management.
Signature Events and Activities
Centered on fitness and wellness, families, arts and culture, seasonal celebrations, and more.
- Weekly or Monthly: Keiki Club; star gazing and astronomy meet-ups; pet training and surf demonstrations; farmers and makers markets; and music.
- Seasonal: Lunar New Year, Golden Week, Fourth of July, Fall and Holiday Festivals.
- Surf & Waterman Competitions at The LineUp
Hoakalei and Ko Olina Resort Area
The nine-acre development by Wai Kai Commercial Development, LLC, is located in West Oahu in Ewa Beach, about 18 miles from Honolulu, near major island attractions.
- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) is approximately 18 miles east of Wai Kai
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial is approximately 17 miles east of Wai Kai
- Seven major golf courses, including Hoakalei Country Club’s Ernie Els-designed course are within a 15 minute drive
- The Ko Olina Resort area has over 2,000 hotel rooms including a 371-room Four Seasons Resort, the 840-room Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa and the 800-room Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club
Connect with Wai Kai
Looking to contact Wai Kai?