San Diego, CA – Surf Park Central is excited to announce this year’s panel of judges for the 2022 Surf Park Awards.
The annual awards ceremony is the closing event of Surf Park Summit, and it highlights the best of the growing surf park industry. This year, companies and organizations related to creating, operating or working with human-made waves submitted applications fitting in line with three categories:
- Innovation in surfing progression
- Democratizing access to surf for more people
Organizations and companies submitted a written application and a video which will be judged by surfing legends and industry experts and leaders, including:
- Debbie Beacham – Pro surfer and former world champion. She’s also the former president of the Women’s Professional Surfing Association.
- Izzy Tihanyi – Co-founder and owner of the Surf Diva Surf School, an all girls surf school.
- Brandon Lowery – CEO of USA Surfing.
- Ian Cairns – Former champion surfer who helped establish the world professional surfing circuit.
- Shaun Tomson – Former surfing world champion and motivational speaker and author.
- Peter Townend – The first IPS/ASP World Surfing Champion.
- Jess Ponting – a leading sustainable surf tourism researcher and consultant.
The judges are reviewing all applications and will announce winners Tuesday afternoon at Surf Park Summit.
To learn more about the awards and Surf Park Summit, visit surfparkcentral.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login