Aventuur partners with Micro Surf Academy for the first surf park high performance centres in the world.
Aventuur Press Release
Global surf park investor, developer and operator Aventuur Inc. (Aventuur) today announced its partnership with Micro Surf Academy (MSA)to deliver the world’s first surf park high performance centres.
Recognising the opportunity for surf parks to accelerate surfing progression and drive high performance outcomes, former professional surfer and leading coach Glenn “Micro” Hall specifically chose Aventuur to be MSA’s global surf park partner.
Using Wavegarden’s market-leading “Cove” technology, Aventuur and MSA are now collaborating to deliver built-for-purpose training facilities at Aventuur’s projects around the world.
“Surfing is in the midst of a new boom in the sport,” said Micro. “It’s only 2021, but this decade has already seen surfing debut as an Olympic sport at the Tokyo games, new WSL tour formats for the Championship Tour and Challenger Series have been introduced, surf parks are being developed all over the world, and surf-specific coaching and training is becoming more widely accepted”.
“With the Wavegarden ‘Cove’ providing incredible surfing experiences for all abilities, and the Aventuur team’s proven expertise in delivering world-class surf parks, for me it was a no-brainer partnership.”
Since founding MSA, Micro has coached 2x World Champion Tyler Wright, Olympic Bronze medalist Owen Wright, Olympian Brisa Hennessy and WSL tour surfers Conner Coffin, Ace Buchan and Molly Picklum.
“I’ve been able to achieve a month’s work in a day with my athletes at surf parks, because you can identify and isolate those small details, those areas for improvement, and immediately address them. The progression of barrel riding and airs enabled by surf parks is phenomenal. Nothing will ever replace the ocean, but knowing exactly what a wave is going to do, and what section is coming at you, is unique to man-made surfing environments.”
Despite the industry’s infancy, surf parks are already proven training grounds and competitive arenas. Personalised coaching and development programs delivered at surf parks unlock the capability to rapidly improve the performance of all surfers, from first-timers to World Title contenders.
“With surf parks increasing access to high quality waves, experienced coaches, video capture and personalised feedback, there’s never been a better time to be a surfer,” said Nicholas Edelman, Aventuur’s Co-Founder and CEO.
“Surf parks are democratising surfing because they provide safe, positive and inclusive environments for people to progress their skills, build confidence, push themselves and try new things”
“We’re excited to work closely with Micro and the MSA team to deliver the world’s first surf park high performance centres. If we can accelerate the start, enrich the middle, and lengthen the sunset of everyone’s surfing journey, then we’ll all be having as much fun as possible in the water, which is what it’s all about.”
- Aventuur, Inc. is a global surf park developer and investor, with its APAC offices located in Perth, Western Australia and its American offices in Los Angeles, CA.
- Aventuur has been selected by the Western Australian Government as the preferred proponent to deliver an A$80 million surf park in Perth, featuring a Wavegarden ‘Cove’ surfing lagoon, boutique surf hotel, health and wellness centre, co-working offices, functions and event spaces, surf performance academy, as well as a beach club and restaurants in Cockburn, approximately 15 kilometres south of Perth’s CBD.
- Aventuur holds the exclusive rights to the market-leading Wavegarden Cove surf park technology for Australia (excluding Melbourne and Sydney metro areas), New Zealand, Singapore and Fiji, and is Wavegarden’s largest partner globally.
- Aventuur has assembled the most experienced team in the surf park industry to deliver world-class, integrated developments.
- Aventuur is thrilled to be partnering with Glenn “Micro” Hall and Micro Surf Academy to deliver the world’s first surf park high performance centres at its venues.
- Micro Surf Academy (MSA) is a surf coaching and mentoring academy for beginner to elite surfers, headed up by former World Tour surfer Glenn “Micro” Hall.
- MSA’s programs are designed to improve progressive surfing, manoeuvre technique, competition strategies and provide advice on events, equipment, fitness, nutrition and everything required to perform at an optimal level.
- MSA’s current stable of competitive athletes include up-and-coming junior surfers, through to elite professionals competing on the WSL Championship Tour (CT) and Challenger Series (CS).
- MSA is excited to be partnering with Aventuur to develop the world’s first high performance training academies for surf parks.
- Wavegarden is a cutting-edge engineering company based in Northern Spain that is dedicated to the research, design, manufacture, installation, and operational support of wave-generating systems within man-made surfing lagoons.
- Wavegarden is widely considered the market leader for its technology solutions in the rapidly emerging sector of dynamic artificial waves, with five surfing lagoons utilising the Cove wave generator currently operational across four continents.
- Offering a wide variety of waves between 0.5m-2.0m in height, the Wavegarden Cove caters to surfers of all ages, abilities and board preference and can host upwards of 80 surfers simultaneously.
- The Wavegarden Cove wave generator uses approximately ten times (10x) less electricity than competing pneumatic wave-generating technologies per wave produced, delivering superior environmental outcomes and reducing operating costs.