WE ARE HIRING!
MARKETING EVENT SPECIALIST
Surf Park Central is the leading source for fact-based industry intelligence and professional networking access for the surf-anchored real estate development industry. We gather the industry’s top minds including real estate developers, investors, operators, wave tech manufacturers, service providers, academics, industry experts and athletes to discuss the opportunities and challenges related to all aspects of planning, developing, financing and operating man-made surf destinations.
As we see it, the vision for the surf park industry is clear – foster and promote the growth and advancement of authentic, sustainable, and profitable surf experiences to grow the surf industry and provide the mental, physical and emotional stoke of surfing to those that do not have access to the ocean.
Are you a seasoned marketing & event specialist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience? Have you managed conferences and events independently? Does developing a lead generation strategy through events and project execution get you stoked?
We are looking for a Marketing & Events Specialist that is highly organized, data driven and strategic at executing a variety of projects and events. This role reports to the Director of Marketing, collaborating with the Sales Director and Customer Success Manager to put together successful event strategies.
The successful candidate will be hands-on and responsible for the annual Surf Park Summit as well as helping to buildout other strategic conferences and bring them to market. As a vital member of the team, this person will also spend approximately half their time assisting with communication campaigns – content development, reporting, pulling data for target lists, and lead generation projects that support the success of the event and other marketing initiatives throughout the year. As a result, a diversity in marketing skills is required. Some travel will be required depending on where this person is located.
The Marketing & Events Specialist is therefore a generalist role, with a special focus on events.
The following traits are essential to the success as a Marketing & Event Specialist with Surf Park Central:
- The ability to grasp an in-depth knowledge of the surf park industry and the types of customers and clients needed to build a successful community network to promote the growth of our Surf Park Summit events.
- The ability to prioritize and manage a diverse set of responsibilities and tasks, setting goals in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Is someone who enjoys working as part of a team and is not afraid to ‘step outside the box and do what is needed to help ensure a successful experience for our clients, both at our events as well as through the execution and delivery of our complete package of offerings.
- Keen eye for details and highly organized
Key Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- With little handholding, plan, organize and execute the logistics that go into hosting our annual Surf Park Summit, including but not limited to: venue selection, rentals, signage/branding, catering, floorplans, run of show, budgets, vendor selection, contract negotiations, venue details and management, on site support and project management, attendee communications
- Manage event timelines and coordinate client/sponsor deliverables
- Lead the process to build out further value-add events throughout the year and execute against those approved
- Promote and communicate the Summit and other events hosted by Surf Park Central to our target audiences using all our channels pre, during and post events
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to create and manage marketing content for various channels, including website, social media, email campaigns, press releases, advertising, sponsorship packages and other materials as needed to support the events and the Surf Park Central brand
- Leverage the events and communications to drive lead generation and further communication sequences to grow the industry
- Monitor and analyze marketing matrix and data to evaluate effectiveness of communication initiatives and make recommendations for improvement with current platforms like HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Learn and leverage Whova platform for a superior attendee experience
- Always look for better ways to achieve our goals and establish best practices
Skills and Requirements:
- Completed post-secondary education in marketing, communications, event planning or combination of related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing & event planning, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute events from start to finish
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to create compelling and engaging content for various channels and audiences
- Basic design skills required and familiarity and experience using graphic programs like Canva. InDesign and photoshop a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to juggle many items at a time (strong project management skills)
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and tactics including SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing and sequencing
- Energetic and motivated with a positive attitude and sense of humor
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of the surf park industry
- Familiar with HubSpot Marketing and Sales tools
- Familiar with Whova platform
If you have a passion for marketing & events, excellent writing and organizational skills, and the ability to create effective marketing content and manage complex projects, we’d love to hear from you.
Email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]