Wave Park Group is excited to deliver Australia’s first surf park, URBNSURF Melbourne
April 6, 2016
Announced by the Wave Park Group of Australia
Surfing is a sport enjoyed by millions of Australians for its fun, health benefits and lifestyle. Up until now, surfing has been held back by geographic limitations, only available at certain coastal locations, and by weather conditions, needing enough swell, the right wind, tide and daylight.
URBNSURF unlocks these limitations and allows surfers to enjoy their sport safely, more easily and more often. #surfmore.
URBSURF Melbourne will be the first man-made surf park facility in Australia. Using world-leading Wavegarden wave generating technology, URBNSURF Melbourne will deliver high quality, authentic surfing waves to suit all abilities.
With a north-south lagoon orientation, URBNSURF Melbourne has been designed to suit prevailing winds, with one side of the lagoon always delivering offshore waves. LED lagoon lighting means you can surf night and day. Multiple lagoon-side amenities will offer something for everyone, including:
- A quality licensed café to have a coffee and watch the action, to grab a post-surf snack on the run, or to share a beer and a meal with friends after a session.
- A fully equipped pro-shop will allow you to try-before-you-buy your new surfing hardware. A wetsuit and board rental centre.
- The Academy, which will host training programmes for all levels of surfing, from beginner to elite as well as a range of surf-fit styled personal and group fitness programmes.
- Beach cabanas, skate ramps, playgrounds, rock-climbing and mountain bike pump tracks.
- High quality landscaping in keeping with the local and Victorian coastal habitat that will integrate the built environment into the natural.
- Cutting edge guest management technology that will further enhance the visitor and surfing experience.
URBNSURF Melbourne promises to be a compelling destination for surfers and non-surfers alike.